Since 2008 AFAGA have managed its Alzheimer’s and other dementias specialized Day Care Centre. This centre is regulated by convention with the Regional Government of Galicia, and it can assist forty Alzheimer’s individuals at the most.
We manage the access to these vacancies by the dependence area of The Regional Ministry of Labour and welfare.
Some of centre’s services and programmes are:
- Basic Services: like maintenance, transport, personal care, hygiene, health maintenance and control, basic-life-activities assistance and help with meals.
- Therapeutic Services: We have to differentiate specific services for users (these services are put into practice in our Therapeutic Intervention Programme.); and specific services for families ( in our Family Intervention Programme).
Our programmes are:
- Psychological Stimulation.
- Cognitive Stimulation
- Motor Stimulation
- Dog assisted Therapy
- Stimulation with new technologies tools
- Functional Stimulation (assisted by physiotherapist)
- Motor Stimulation (assisted by occupational therapist)
Adress: Avda. Beiramar, 51 Bajo – 36202 Vigo (Pontevedra)
Telephone number: 986 29 69 51