World Alzheimer’s Day will be hold next Wednesday, on September 21st. This year’s slogan refers to the necessity to always move forward so that family associations like ours can achieve their goals. That is the reason why, the Federation Alzheimer Galicia and all Galician Associations of Family Members of Alzheimer’s Patients have started the campaign “Marcándole paso al alzhéimer” (Setting the pace for Alzheimer’s). Our main demands are:
- That Alzheimer’s disease is considered a public health priority.
- That any person diagnosed with Alzheimer’s or other neurodegenerative dementias is automatically recognised to have a disability of the 33%.
- That an Alzheimer’s Government Policy is implemented in Galicia by creating a Transversal Dementia Care Policy which involves all areas of civil service.
- That Family Caregivers are recognised as such and therefore have access to the appropriate resources while they are taking care of their relatives and once care is over.
- On Saturday, September 17th, AFAGA and families from all over Galicia will go for a walk together in Monte do Gozo, a small hill located in Santiago de Compostela.
- Starting line: Vigo at 9:30AM. Free transport
- We will cover a distance of 2’5 miles. Afterwards, we will take a break to eat a snack and then we will do the activities planned for the rest of the day.
- In order to participate in this walk, participants must inform AFAGA via phone or e-mail before the 12nd of September.
- Phone number: 986 22 97 97 Email: email@example.com
- ALZHEIMER’S AND LIFESTYLE, IS IT POSSIBLE TO PREVENT THE DISEASE?
- Carlos Spuch. Senior researcher at the Neurology Department of the Instituto de Investigación Sanitaria Galicia Sur (“Galicia Sur” Health Research Institute).
- María Pérez. Clinical dietician-nutritionist of the Colexio Oficial de Dietistas-Nutricionistas de Galicia (Official Association of Galician Dietician-Nutritionists).
- Date: Thursday, 22nd September, at 7:30PM.
- Location: Auditorio Municipal del Arenal (Former Rectorado). Rúa Areal, 46. Vigo. Free admission.
FIELD OFFICES about Alzheimer’s disease will be located in the pedestrian area of the Calvario in Vigo on Monday 21st September from 10:30AM until 2PM.