After a careful and difficult deliberation due to the high quality and humanity of the works sent, the jury of the IV short stories about Alzheimer’s disease contest has declared “Erik and his wrist watch” by Amaya Moral Ortega (Madrid) the winner.
The other three prices went to:
- Emotion Price: ‘Hoy croquetas’ by Ana Maria Ruano Benítez (L’Hospital de Llobregat).
- Originality Price: ‘Sed‘, by Javier Albillo Candelas (Valladolid).
- Style Price: ‘El mejor antídoto’, de Alfonso Fernando Quero González (Almería)
This year’s jury was composed by:
- Cristina Villanueva, Afaga’s communication manager
- Maite Giraldez, Afaga’s volunteer
- Lorena Costas, Afaga’s social educator.
- Diana Rodríguez, Afaga’s social worker.
150 short stories were received. We found beautiful and moving pieces of work written with the heart from the point of view of a caretaker or family member. These short stories express feelings, emotions, anguish, worries…
All the short stories, whose authors have consented, will be published fortnightly in our blog The Caregiver’s Spot.
We would like to thank, in Afaga’s name, all of you for the reception and wonderful stories received.
Congratulations to all the participants and thank you for sending us such wonderful pieces!